Work for us
Seed Environmental is one of the leading environmental remediation and incident response contractors in the UK, and we are constantly on the lookout for people to join our team in a number of diverse roles.
We currently have offices in Newmarket, Reading, Tewkesbury, Exeter, Doncaster, Belfast, Glasgow and Inverness with more locations planned.
At Seed, we are interested in great communicators who have the required technical expertise and a positive, can-do attitude that ensures that we deliver successful projects on time and on budget.
A generous holiday entitlement that increases with length of service, enhanced family friendly benefits, a discretionary annual bonus and free onsite parking are just some of the benefits that you can look forward to receiving when you join Seed Environmental.
Remediation Operative (Newmarket/Tewkesbury)
As a result of continued business growth, we are looking for a Remediation Operative to join the Operations team to work on remediation projects.
The role would suit individuals with general building expertise, and the successful applicant should ideally have a minimum 1 year’s relevant experience working on construction projects.
Works include underpinning, all groundworks, internal works, brickwork, carpentry etc.
Digger and dumper experience would be ideal.
A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn is essential.
Additional training will be provided to the right candidate.
A valid UK driving licence is required. All candidates will also require to pass a basic DBS check.
Salary circa £20,000 – 23,000 depending on experience.
Environmental Consultant (Belfast)
As a result of continued business growth, we are looking for an Environmental Consultant to join our Environmental Claims Division based in Belfast.
The successful applicant should ideally have a minimum 2 years’ relevant experience working in a contaminated land and/or Environmental Claims Management consultancy (or similar field) with active involvement in day-to-day project management and delivery of contaminated land/spill response projects. Relevant experience required should include project management, site investigation, risk assessment, remediation design and implementation and technical report writing and reviewing.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or natural science related discipline such as geology, engineering geology, environmental science or physical geography in conjunction with a minimum of four years relevant industry experience
• Preferred: MSc or MSci – Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science (not essential)
• Phase I and Phase II investigation experience including supervision of ground investigation subcontractors
• Experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive assessment)
• Understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation
• A full, clean, UK driving licence
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients / the public
• A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, to work away when required
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills including the ability to write factual and interpretive reports with supervision.
Main duties will include:
• Management of specific projects under supervision of senior staff
• Responsible for the overall project management and timely delivery of projects ensuring agreed budgets and delivery deadlines are met
• Responsible for robust fieldwork data gathering on all projects as required
• With support, maintain project communication on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of clients, regulators and homeowners
• With support, write technically sound and commercially focused proposals, scopes and reports
• Ability to work in a safe manner and observe the company’s health, safety and environment rules and procedures as well as any site rules and procedures
• Highly motivated and adaptable with solution orientated approach
• Demonstrate commercial awareness in need to save / minimise project costs wherever possible
• Demonstrate an understanding of commercial risk and, where identified, inform relevant senior staff in order for appropriate action to be taken.
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
To download a copy of our application form, click here
If you would like to send us your CV, or to apply for a role, please contact the HR team
Please click here to download our policy on personal data & applicant privacy
“I joined Seed Environmental to take a lot of the technical skills I had developed in my 8 year career as an environmental consultant and apply them to more dynamic and broad ranging situations which in itself lead to me developing my understanding of contaminated land and remediation further.
At Seed I have developed my understanding of spill response and effectively manage and control risk to people and the environment. This has led to being able to clearly measure and demonstrate results in all aspects of our work. Tergeo and Seed work in a flexible and dynamic atmosphere with constant communication throughout the business at the core ensuring the needs of our clients, the business and employees are met efficiently.
The business is fast paced in its nature and growing requiring continual development of all employees and swift career progression”
James Tansley Thomas – senior consultant
“I joined Seed Environmental straight from university almost five years ago. I saw a company with an exciting, rapidly developing future but a very personal focus. Since joining as a graduate, I have progressed to become a senior consultant and work hard every day to deliver projects for our clients. I also have a hand in development of new consultants who join us out of university and I hope to be able to instil Seed Environmental’s hardworking and conscientious ethos into them. This is all undertaken with the aim of keeping each new consultant within the company for the long term, helping them progress through the ranks and take on any role(s) which will provide them the job satisfaction we all deserve.”
Lewis Elmes – senior environmental consultant
“I joined Seed Environmental in May 2015 after a 18 month break from the industry. Having worked with Andrew and Matt in a previous business, I knew the Seed ethos and was inspired to join knowing, that although relatively small, they had amassed a large knowledge within the company and had a forward looking outlook to developing the business.
During my employment I have learned, with the aid and continued support from the company, the role of operations manager, new remediation strategies and new technologies along with good business acumen.
The working environment is employee-focused with the owners and directors having all employees’ best interests in mind at all times. Everyone in Seed Environmental is approachable, helpful, committed to moving the company forward and hands on when required.
New employees can expect a fast paced working environment with a can do attitude, where all efforts are noticed at all levels within the management structure and rewarded. Any employee can progress as they wish within the company from ground level to senior management. Everyone is pushed to meet their full potential and develop their career path.”
Darren Yarrow – operations manager
- All staff are entitled to 20 days leave plus bank holidays and this rises to 25 days with length of service
- Enrolment to the SMART pension scheme (5% employee 3% employer contribution)
- Death in Service benefit (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Free on site parking