Work for us
Seed Environmental is one of the leading environmental remediation and incident response contractors in the UK, and we are constantly on the lookout for people to join our team in a number of diverse roles.
The company was established in 2013 to serve the insurance market, offering incident response for domestic fuel oil spills. Since then, we’ve expanded rapidly. Today we manage complex environmental incidents for the construction, energy, chemical, industrial, and agricultural markets operating from multiple locations across the UK and Ireland.
We currently have offices in Newmarket, Swindon, Exeter, Doncaster, Belfast and Glasgow, with more locations planned.
We care about our growing team of over 100 employees, working across the UK and Ireland, and pride ourselves on being an innovative and market leading environmental services provider where customer commitment, safety, integrity, people first, and collaboration are our core values. Our vision is to provide the UK and Ireland’s best customer-focused service, alongside ensuring a positive team culture that promotes growth, success, trust and wellbeing.
A generous holiday entitlement that increases with length of service, enhanced family friendly benefits, a discretionary annual bonus and free onsite parking are just some of the benefits that you can look forward to receiving when you join Seed Environmental.
Multi Trade General Builder – Newmarket
Seed Environmental Ltd is looking for a multi trade general builder with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to join our busy restoration team. The role is based from our Newmarket depot and will require daily travel to our sites with some staying away to cover projects. If you are passionate about delivering quality workmanship all the time every time and enjoy being part of a busy team with a variety of building tasks, then please apply.
- Carry out construction, repair, and maintenance work on domestic buildings
- Use a variety of tools and equipment to complete building tasks, which will be supplied, along with a company van
- Work from drawings, and specifications as directed
- Undertake rip out work, bricklaying, roofing, studwork, boarding, minor plumbing, kitchen installations, bathroom installations etc.
- Carry out finishing work, such as plastering, painting, and tiling
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Communicate with project managers, clients, and other team members
- Proven experience as a General Builder or similar role
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with clients and own team members
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Strong time management to arrive on site on time and complete tasks efficiently
- Willingness to travel to different job sites as required
- Valid UK driver’s license
- Must be able to pass GDPR test
£35,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
General building: 4 years (required)
Driving Licence (required)
On the road.
Environmental Consultants/Senior Consultants – Newmarket and Exeter
As a result of continued business growth, we are looking for two established senior consultants or environmental consultants looking to further their career to join our Environmental Claims Division, with a vacancy existing in Newmarket and in Exeter. These positions are an exciting opportunity for someone who is either already a senior consultant or someone looking to progress within the industry.
We care about our growing team of over 100 employees, working across the UK and Ireland, and pride ourselves on being an innovative and market leading environmental services provider where Customer Commitment, Safety, Integrity, People First, and Collaboration are our core values. Our vision is to provide the UK and Ireland’s best customer-focused service, alongside ensuring a positive team culture that promotes growth, success, trust, and wellbeing.
The main focus of the role will be to work semi-autonomously, undertaking the project management for environmental claims projects, including all aspects of fieldwork data gathering, risk assessment and factual and interpretive reporting. The role will be supervised by the Regional Lead and supported by the wider team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Effective and complete management of environmental projects and incidents.
- Interpretation of data and creation of conceptual site models and environmental risk assessments.
- Technical design and delivery of robust, innovative and bespoke investigative and remedial schemes.
- Gathering, logging and recording of fieldwork data and information.
- Writing technically sound and commercially focused proposals, scopes, and reports.
- Management of project budgeting, estimating and invoicing, ensuring deadlines and targets are met.
- Maintaining project communication on technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of clients, regulators, and homeowners.
- Observing health, safety and environment best practice, rules and procedures.
- Working in partnership with our internal Contract Managers, Technical Panel and Specialist Team Members in the successful delivery of environmental projects.
- Management of subcontractors and overseeing of their works.
- Mentoring of graduate team members.
We are looking for someone with at least one to two years’ experience in a relevant industry who wants to further advance their career.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or natural science related discipline (e.g., Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering Geology or Physical Geography).
- Previous proven experience of Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessment gained in a similar or related role (including supervising ground investigation subcontractors).
- Previous proven experience gained in a similar or related role completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive).
- Commercial awareness in project finances but also in risk management.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership, organisational, time-management, analytical and numerical skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to interact effectively with clients and the public.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness both in project costings but also in risk management.
- A competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation.
- A full UK driving licence, and willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland with occasional requirement to work away.
- Permanent contract, working Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience.
- Potential to earn an annual discretionary bonus.
- Employer matched pension up to 3% contribution.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to a maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays with length of service.
- Death in service (x2 salary).
- Enhanced company sick pay after qualifying period.
- One job-related professional subscription per year.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
From £25,000.00 per year
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To download a copy of our application form, click here.
If you would like to send us your CV, or to apply for a role, please contact the HR team.
Please click here to download our policy on personal data & applicant privacy
“I joined Seed Environmental to take a lot of the technical skills I had developed in my 8 year career as an environmental consultant and apply them to more dynamic and broad ranging situations which in itself lead to me developing my understanding of contaminated land and remediation further.
At Seed I have developed my understanding of spill response and effectively manage and control risk to people and the environment. This has led to being able to clearly measure and demonstrate results in all aspects of our work. Tergeo and Seed work in a flexible and dynamic atmosphere with constant communication throughout the business at the core ensuring the needs of our clients, the business and employees are met efficiently.
The business is fast paced in its nature and growing requiring continual development of all employees and swift career progression”
James Tansley Thomas – senior consultant
“I joined Seed Environmental straight from university almost five years ago. I saw a company with an exciting, rapidly developing future but a very personal focus. Since joining as a graduate, I have progressed to become a senior consultant and work hard every day to deliver projects for our clients. I also have a hand in development of new consultants who join us out of university and I hope to be able to instil Seed Environmental’s hardworking and conscientious ethos into them. This is all undertaken with the aim of keeping each new consultant within the company for the long term, helping them progress through the ranks and take on any role(s) which will provide them the job satisfaction we all deserve.”
Lewis Elmes – senior environmental consultant
“I joined Seed Environmental in May 2015 after a 18 month break from the industry. Having worked with Andrew and Matt in a previous business, I knew the Seed ethos and was inspired to join knowing, that although relatively small, they had amassed a large knowledge within the company and had a forward looking outlook to developing the business.
During my employment I have learned, with the aid and continued support from the company, the role of operations manager, new remediation strategies and new technologies along with good business acumen.
The working environment is employee-focused with the owners and directors having all employees’ best interests in mind at all times. Everyone in Seed Environmental is approachable, helpful, committed to moving the company forward and hands on when required.
New employees can expect a fast paced working environment with a can do attitude, where all efforts are noticed at all levels within the management structure and rewarded. Any employee can progress as they wish within the company from ground level to senior management. Everyone is pushed to meet their full potential and develop their career path.”
Darren Yarrow – operations manager
- All staff are entitled to 20 days leave plus bank holidays and this rises to 25 days with length of service
- Enrolment to the SMART pension scheme (5% employee 3% employer contribution)
- Death in Service benefit (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Free on site parking